The anticipation...dun, dun, dun

Hello!

Today i'm starting my journey to get back to be the person I want to be. I'll be focusing on the physical  aspect in this blog, but don't be alarmed if I mention other things like relationship, my parenting (you'll probably hear about my little beauty a lot), my faith and values. Today i'm starting by writing it all down so I can be accountable and look back to what I originally had. I plan on starting this at the start of the new year full force, but will be starting a little before then.

I haven't decided how i'm going to go about my new years resolutions. I feel like year after year I (and all of us) set our selves up for failure. We make a resolution too huge to really realistically go after them. Or they are just too incredibly hard. Start small, one step at a time. This is key!

That being said...I think i'm gonna do a month by month resolution plan. I'm going to pick a goal from each area of life that i'm wanting to improve on and go from there. When it comes to my physical health I've decided that I will have a fitness goal as well as a nutritional goal. January i'm going to start with for nutritional that i'm going to not drink any sugary drinks. For fitness i'm going to work out a minimum 3 days a week. For a mother I'm going to spend 30 minutes a day (that I have her) helping her practice her reading skills.

I'm going to make a list of things I'd like to see myself improve on fittness wise:

  • Ultimate goal: lose about 60 lbs. This would put me at about 140lbs
  • Minimum goal: lose 40 lbs. (this means Luke will quit smoking)
  • Run at least 1 5k. I would like to run as many as I can.
  • Compete in the Tough Mudder
  • Work out 5-6 days a week
  • Eat a HEALTHY breakfast everyday
  • Cut down on Sugary drink consumption
  • Cut down on alcohol consumption (Not that I drink a lot as it is, but i'd like to drink less on occasions)
  • Cut out processed foods
  • Add fruit AND Veggies to EVERY meal.
  • Cut down on wheat/gluten/grain intake
  • Drink the right amount of water every day.
  • Get at least 8 hours of sleep a night.
I'm sure i'll think of more as time goes on. Wish me luck!

xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika