No Excuses!!

I want to preface this by giving this disclaimer...I AM AN EXCUSE MAKER! I'm a RECOVERING excuse maker! Some of those excuses were legit - like work ran a few hours over, kid got sick and was taking care of them, healing an injury, finals are tomorrow and I made excuses to not study all semester (Yes, I've done that). However, a lot of us make excuses why we CAN'T (which that word is a lie by the way) workout, but really what that translates to is I DON'T WANT TO (at least not bad enough)

I'm not saying you're (or me) are lazy, heck no. I'm sure you wake up bright and early and go ad go all day I do not think that's lazy at all. I know how hard it is to incorporate fitness into an already busy life, but once you make it a habit you'll be surprised how easy it is to fit it in when it's already a habit. Get into the habit of working out.

Obviously, easier said than done. So I've got some excuses and tips to counter those excuses.

Excuse 1: I'm just way too tired.

Busted: This is probably the biggest excuse we see. BUT did you know...regular excersise actually increases your energy? Try it, I promise you'll feel a difference! There are times where you need to get that workout in the morning getting out of bed is the hardest part. Not going to lie...unless I'm not waking up till 9 or 10 am I will NOT be getting a workout in. I am a night owl, I do not do early mornings well. Maybe one day...until then afternoon and late night workouts is what works for me. If you are someone who HAS to get your workout in in the morning. Get an app that helps with your sleep cycle.

Excuse 2: There just isn't enough time.

Busted: Hey, did you know that we all have the same 24 hours?! I know, Crazy right?! Well, we do. How you use those hours will reflect what is most important to you. The TV and Couch? Are those close to the top??

I know, you probably are really busy. I truly understand that, but the time for a 30-60 minute workout is there. Did you realize that 30-60 minutes is only 2%-4% of your day? Yup, It's true. You have 168 hours a week, you spend 40 at work or school, 56 for sleeping (if you're getting the correct amount - which I know most of us aren't...) you have 72 hours left over. Let that sink in.

Here's a little visual and motivation:



Excuse 3: I don't want to get sweaty.

Busted: 1. This is kind of a really pathetic excuse, is a little bit a sweat REALLY worth not taking care of your health?? Jillian Michaels's makeup artist gives us a few tips here: give your sweaty spots a once-over with an antibacterial wipe, and do the same on your face, using an all-in-one cleansing pad. Next, apply a beauty balm, which is similar to a tinted moisturizer, but with the added benefits of a primer and blemish control ointment. Touch up mascara and use a three-in-one color stick to add shimmer to eyes, cheeks, and lips. Finally, apply a little dry shampoo to the crown of your head to freshen up your hair, and you're done. Not. an. excuse.

Excuse 4: I’m not fat, so I don’t need to exercise.

Busted: Yes, you do. Working out isn't just about getting fit or skinny. ALL people need to workout because it's good for your health in general!! So many studies on this. If you'd like me to write a post on this alone I will. Let me know in the comments below.

Excuse 5: I don’t know where to start.

Busted : There are a few things to counter this. 1. Most gyms have a complementary orientations to equipment and exercises. They also offer classes and some of which are free with a membership. Also, you could hire a trainer for a few sessions until you get the hang of it.

The next thing I have to say is invest in a good proven to work workout program. Beachbody has SOOOOO many workout programs. So far I've done two - 21 Day Fix and Focus T25

Why do Beachbody programs work??

Having something that is scientifically planned out for you takes away the guessing game. We've all been there. You go to the gym with no plan and just go down the rows of machines or do a few things with dumbbells, not knowing why you're doing what you're doing or if what you're doing even makes sense. Shaun T, Tony Horton, Chalene Johnson all know why the schedule in their program is what it is. So it will WORK and get you MAX results!



Excuse 6: I can’t afford a gym membership.

Busted: I get it! I can't afford one either!! True story. Young mom here and I've got lots of dance to pay for. A Gym membership can run you anywhere between $30-$100 (Or MORE) a month depending where and what type of membership. Want to know how I avoid this? Well, I have TWO insider tricks! 1. Body weight! You can run, push-up, sit-up, squat, etc... There are TONS of moves you can do with out a gym believe it or not. 2. Beachbody programs! These programs have done me wonders! Seriously, you get sooo much for what you're paying for. You get a workout program, you get nutrition guides, recipes, containers (depending on which program you use), support from beachbody and a free coach (me! :-D) Think of it this way. You could spend the money mentioned above for a gym membership that you might let excuses keep you from going to, OR you could purchase a workout program that is PROVEN to work for $120 (on the high end). Sure that seems like a lot at once, but break it down. T25 is a 10 week program $120 divided by 10 weeks comes to $12 a week. The next time you do the program straight through...$6 a week. The next time you do the program straight through...$4 a week! AND IT WORKS! 21 Day Fix at $60 up front is $20 a week if you only use it once, twice..$10 and so on. What you get with a beachbody program is so much more than any gym can offer you for what you're paying.


Busted 7: I’m too embarrassed to work out at a gym (or join a class or running group).
Busted: See above ^^^^


Bit of tough love for you guys! But still, Lets stop making those excuses and get healthy! End the trend of obesity in the United States!

xoxo
Nikki

P.S. Putting together a color run team with my 6 year old in Lacrosse, WI! Interested in joining? Let me know!!!

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika