Thred Up - Review & Sustainablilty

So, about a month ago I watched this documentary called "The True Cost". It's really eye opening. At least for me it was and I highly suggest it! Anyway, this movie inspired me to look beyond recycling to be more sustainable in my life (to me - sustainability is a very important aspect to life. Especially the big picture). I've taken queue from movie and started to look at my closet. Now, I do not and never will claim to know much about fashion and I'm DEFINITELY not the most fashionable and I'm ALWAYS about saving some money which is hard to do when shopping for clothes. I don't really enjoy shopping to much, especially clothes shopping. I'm not patient enough to go through the racks and that inpatient-ness increases when I'm faced with going to a thrift or consignment shop. That being said, I want to like it, but I just can't. 

A couple years ago I found a solution and I totally forgot about it for the last while here! So, I'm so glad that I the documentary re-inspired me to do what's right and buy used rather than buying in to fast fashion all the time. (I do still buy "cheap" store clothes like Old Navy etc but I think again about what the true cost is) I digress, I'm here to tell you about thredUP!

For those of you unfamiliar with thredUp, it is a website that centers around reselling top brands at affordable prices. Their focus is to help the world in one small, yet big way, by providing shoppers with a fabulous second hand experience. They believe in being a conscious consumer and in doing so greatly focus on the sustainability of fashion though second hand pieces. Thus, whether you are looking to save money on top brands or are passionate about ethical and sustainable fashion, thredUp is the perfect fit for everyone! The other great thing about thredUp, is you can actually order a "clean out bag" from them and send your like new clothes over for other people to get a second use out of.  This is seriously the answer to my prayers. Second hand online shop, I can shop from the comfort of my own home and when my growing-like-a-weed red headed child grows out of her clothes I can send them on their way to thredUp! 

Two weeks ago I was in need of black flats for work. I turned to thredUP and I was able to find what I needed! The following pictures are of the thredUp packaging and the shoes! I have a few other items I'm looking for in my closet so I will be showing more later too!





I'm a sucker for cute packaging. Honestly, their marketing/PR team is on point. All recyclable materials - which really stays true to their mission!  



I think the shoes are pretty cute! As cute as they are I did have an issue the first day wearing them. Quite honestly, they really hurt my feet. I've decided to give them one more good wear and if they are still something that I don't really like then I'll either resell them or simply return them because they have a free return policy! 



What are you looking to add to your closet? Check out thredUp with this link here and you'll receive $10 towards your first order! Let me know what you got! 

xoxo,
Nikki






Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika