Food Friday - Shrimp!!

Good Afternoon Everyone! As promised Food Friday I believe is here to stay! I posted on my Like page as well as my personal Facebook which recipe you all would like me to try for blog post! I got a mixed review but I did get North Shore Shrimp as the winner! So here are my adventures cooking that!

I want to preface by saying I did help a lot but I do have to say you'll see a few pictures with Luke doing the cooking. The honest truth is Luke is the cook of this family. I don't cook...EVER. BUT I did participate this day! The first thing I participated in was peeling the shrimp. Which was.....gross? Yes, it was gross. Haha but I did it and it was easier than I thought it would be. After that I peeled and minced (well kind of - I put it through a garlic press) garlic, poured the wine (Yes, a glass for me and a glass for the meal ;-) ), Well anyway, we put the garlic sauce and shrimp together and sauteed. Here's look working hard...


Here is a close up... at this point the sauce was smelling SUPER good and I was starving so it was hard to watch this slowly cook. (This, by the way, is why I'm not a good cook. I'm WAY too impatient to wait for food. Low and slow is such an annoying concept to me.)

As that was cooking I was  re heating some Quinoa I had made earlier this week for my lunches and I was reheating some of the green beans we had also made earlier this week. Our shrimp was coming to and end and so Luke, being the cook he is starts to plate.... check him out! 
He takes so much pride in what he does. It's cute...but kind of annoying because I was really hungry and I just wanted to eat...so at this point I was practically BEGGING for him to leave it. I made the mistake of telling him I was writing a blog post so it took that much longer for him to be happy with his plating. And, If you must know...he wasn't happy about the finished product (Presence wise...he didn't even try it)

I got this recipe from the Tone it up nutrition plan and I strongly suggest it. Not only the recipe but the nutrition plan it's been a life saver and I've loved everything I've ever made from it. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
4 tbs. Grape Seed Oil
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 cup white wine
1 lemon. juiced
1/2lb. fresh shrimp, peeled (we used 13-14 ct so about 3-4 per serving)
4 Cloves of garlic, finely minced

Directions:
Add oil to a medium skilled on low hear. Add in garlic and saute slowly. Just as the garlic starts to brown add in the white wine, lemon juice, pepper and paprika.Stir in ingredients in the skillet and continue to cook on low for about 3 minutes until sauce is formed. Add shrimp carefully into skillet. Bring temperature up to medium. Cook for 3 minutes and flip the shrimp in the pan. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until shrimp is pink. Quickly remove shrimp from heat to keep from  overcooking. Take the cooked shrimp our of the pan and serve with quinoa, and some citrus  and then drizzle the sauce over the meal. Luke does suggest that after you are done cooking the shrimp to reduce the sauce on medium low for 2-3 minutes just to make it a little thicker. 

Then.. Enjoy! Check out the final product! Now, Try this recipe and let me know what you think! 

My verdict is thumbs up!! Good healthy shrimp meal! :-)

Here's to healthy eating! 
xoxo
Nikki

P.S. HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! I hope you all celebrate and don't worry so much about healthy eating today. Indulging a little is perfectly alright! 



Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika