Phew, Back at it!

Hello Everyone! (which is probably no one. hehe)

Today was my first day working out in a week because of Alexa being sick and changing of plans. I am so going to try and NEVER go a full week without working out. Man, That was soooooo hard!  I thought I was going to die. I was sweating so much and I had to be panting, but I just turned up my head phones so I couldn't hear myself. Sorry for everyone else at the gym that was disturbed by me!

I've decided to set up a reward system for me losing weight. I want to lose 63 pounds total so I've decided that for every 15 pounds I lose I get a reward. My first reward is Nike Fuel Band and workout stuff, second is New coach purse/wallet, third is Luke is gonna quit smoking!!!!! (That's reward enough) and finally I will go on a shopping spree when I get to my goal weight of 135. Because 135 is WAYYYY different than 198 and the size 12-14 I wear now will not fit me anymore! I'm hoping for a 6. Which is HALF the size I'm wearing now! :-)

Also, A friend and I have decided to register for at least 2 5k races this summer. 2 color runs. One in Minnesota and One in Milwaukee. We better register soon because I want to know that I can't back out!

Today I did my Couch to 5k Week 2 Day 2. I walked at 3.5 mph and then I jogged at 5.5 mph. This week in the Couch to 5k program is a brisk 5 minute warm up walk/slow jog. Alternate 1:30  minute of jogging and 2 minutes of walking for a total of 21 minutes. Then there is a 5 minute cool down.

I made sure I stretched really well today because I've been feeling a little tight - especially in my knees. I then did some weight lifting focusing on my lower body.  I did
  • Leg press 140/15
  • Leg extension 60/15
  • Leg curl 40/15
  • Hip abductor 70/15
  • Hip adductor 70/15
  • Glute machine (which didn't feel like it was working my glutes at all - felt more like a quad workout) 30/15
  • Rotary 70/15
I only did one set. I think that next time I need to do three sets. I forget what is best or if it matters? Anyone know?

Anyway, tomorrow i'm hoping to fit in a Jillian Michaels 30 day shred or my yoga dvd. We'll see. It's hard for me to get TV time in the afternoon. I suppose I could wake up 45 minutes earlier to do it, but honestly.... I'm not a morning person. I hate them and it takes forever to get me going!

Well, i'm out! Here's to eating healthy the rest of the day!

xoxo
Nikki

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika