Lately I've Been Feeling...

Lately I've been feeling...

Conflicted.

I preach a lot of what I believe, but  I don't always live it. I'm guilty, YES- Guilty. Of being a unintentional hypocrite and my worst enemy. I've recently had someone tell me that it seems like I have it all together, that they could NEVER do what I do ( referring to working a full time job, running a home, being an involved mom, running a business, etc) It broke my heart for a few different reasons.

1. First - LET ME LAUGH! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Dear Lord - I DO NOT have it all together. I'm crabby a lot because I feel like I have so much to do. This makes me short with Luke first and then Alexa. I also suffer from insomnia I swear and I can't fall a sleep fast even when I'm really tired. Once asleep I have a REALLY hard time waking up. I'm CONSTANTLY reevaluating the way I do things and I'm CONSTANTLY struggling and STRIVING (key word) to improve upon my life. There are days my to do list is as long or TWICE as long as it was when I woke up. Hey- LIFE HAPPENS!

What I can tell you is that time management is KEY. I plan my day before the day gets there. I carry to do lists with me everywhere so that I'm consciously making sure I'm productive.
This is a typical week for me. See what I mean about scheduling everything? It helps me. Also, I haven't always been so "accomplished" what really made that switch happen because I really had to change my mindset.  Yes - I had to realize that if I have stuff to do when I get home from work that I can't sit down until it's done. I have to STOP MAKING EXCUSES and just DO what I have to do. Read the book Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy. It will help you realize that you have to make a  way not an excuse if you want something bad enough.

2. Comparison is literately the thief of Joy.  Don't compare yourself to me or anyone else. Everyone is in a different stage of life and different parts of their journey. Now, that doesn't' mean that you can't strive to achieve what others have. If you MUST then use that to DRIVE you. Ask them how they do it and LEARN from them. Do as the roman's do - if you will. 

3. You can do whatever you put your mind to. A lot of times people really have a hard time accepting this. We're constantly told we're not good enough and that's straight up BULLSHIT. You are whatever value you decide you have! When you decide you want to do something - DO IT. That journey will probably NOT be smooth. In fact you'll probably fail. A LOT. Thomas Edison said - “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” Talk about optimism that we ALL need to channel! The thing about failing - it's not really failing as long as you learn from it and change whatever you have to so that you don't fail again for the same reason. (Isn't that the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?) You fail FORWARD. Keep going and revamp the way you do things. Also - keep in mind - all the good things in life aren't always (hardly ever) the easiest thing. Life (and many of our adventures) is a marathon not a race. It takes work, dedication and persistence. And guess what?! You're SOOOO TOTALLY capable of doing that! I have to remind myself of this often, because the world can be so negative and have so many "haters" if you will.

4. LEARN TO TAKE A COMPLIMENT! Being a woman who has dealt with self esteem issues in her life (Who hasn't, honestly) I know it's so hard to believe what people say when they send you a compliment. I know, I know. It feels sooooo wierd to agree. We've been drilled that we should say something like "No not really" or "oh this old thing?" Always diminishing your accomplishment - why?! YOU worked hard for that accomplishment! HELL NO! When someone tells you that you look good or that you did great you say "THANK YOU!" Yes, it's foreign, yes it's uncomfortable, but you know what? You should be saying that to yourself EVERYDAY. Say it until you believe it, because it's true. Can you imagine the things you could accomplish if you were confident in your own skin? If you truly LOVED what you saw because you told the "haters" a big FUCK YOU ( sorry for the language!) and didn't let them dictate how you're supposed to feel about yourself. Who the hell are THEY anyway?! 

Take your make up off
Let your hair down
Take a breath
Look into the mirror, at yourself
Don't you like you?
'Cause I like you


You are beautiful, capable, strong. 
You can do WHATEVER you put your mind to. 

I don't have it all together, No one does. 

Don't be insane and do the same thing over and over and expect a different result. Take a chance on something new and learn from the "failures". 

And damnit - Own that compliment you were given!  


xoxo
Nikki



Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika