June Favorites

Hello and Happy Summer! Today is July 2nd and I'm sitting in my backyard, in the warmth and the sun and soaking it up. The last few weeks have been less than summer like...rainy, and sometimes cold. Definitely not the warm, sometimes hot, sunny summer that we all like to see. It's been great the last couple of days, what a perfect 4th of July weekend. 

Speaking of July.. I can not believe June is over. I know, we all say it...where does the time go? The answer? I have not F**king clue. WHERE DOES IT GO?! Can we slow it down just a little?! I wish, I wish it were that simple. It's not. The days are long but the years are short. THIS is why it's so important to be present. 

June is over and I'm looking forward to sharing some of my favorites from this month, because it's been a pretty darn good month even if we've had crappy weather. 

Movies/TV:
I haven't watched a movie this month that I can think of. If I did, it's probably one that didn't stick in my mind so it wasn't great. I did watch a lot of Netflix though, thanks to the weeks off of having Alexa and the not so great weather. Although I did watch some Glee with Alexa, which is officially our show now. haha It's great because even Luke has been getting into it. Don't tell him I said that but it's totally true. 


Jane the Virgin- this show was my light hearted insane drama escape. Until it got real, in the last season that Netflix uploaded. However, it was still an entertaining show to watch. I highly recommend. 


Shameless - Of course, I am so addicted to this show. Thank you, Natasha. (My friend that got me hooked) This show is WILDLY inappropriate and extremely hilarious and sometimes tugs at your hears strings. If you're not easily offended and have a sense of humor...watch. You wont regret it. 



Books:
I am still on my book a month trend. This months book was extremely light hearted. It's called Summer Days and Summer Nights. It wouldn't say this book is of great Literary accomplishment but I do think it was a perfect read for the beginning of summer. 


It's a compilation of  12 Summer Love stories.  Don't we all long for a hot summer romance? Definitely a laying out in the sun or pool side read! 

Listening - 
Simon & Garfunkel pandora station radio. It's a great mix, I've been listening to it in the car, at home and at work. 

Beauty
I have a couple beauty favorites this month. 
1. Melaleuca Essential Oil -  My absolute favorite spot treatment! I've had quite a few pop up this month and this has helped so much! 


2. Royalty Detoxifying Mask - This is my favorite mask this month because it's really helping with the random acne popping up! It's totally worth it!

3. BB Flawless Complexion Enhancer  - This is PERFECT for those hot summer days where you want to even out your skin tone but don't want to wear a full coverage foundation. It's moisturizing and helps with your complexion! 


Family & Friends-
Just because it's summer doesn't mean I get a summer break like the kids around. Nope, I'm still working away. BUT that doesn't mean that the fun is non-existent. I haven't done too much, but I've definietly indulged in some fires in the backyard, concert on the square down town and my Aunt and Uncle from Joliet, IL came up to the cabin for the weekend and that was a lot of fun. 

Two of the most exciting things that happened in the month of June - TWO NEW BABIES! 
My sister and brother in law welcomed their son Ean on the 19th 


and my best friend joined the momma club on the 28th welcoming Lily into the world.

They are the cutest little beings ever, I can't wait to meet and snuggle Miss Lily!

I can't wait to see what July brings us. A lot of things happen in the month of July. 4 family birthdays (Mom, Luke, Cory and Alexa) which means party, cake and presents. We get to look forward to the balloon rally as well which means more time with friends! 

Let the some continue! It's been fun so far and I plan on being utterly present this summer! 

xoxo
Nikki


Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika