September Favorites



Per usual, here I am, the beginning of the new month scratching my head trying to remember where the F the last month went. September is always a busy month for pretty much all families and we are no exception! School starts and that means that dance officially starts too as well as CCD. Now, I know that these are technically Alexa's activities but if you know anything about being a mother you know that all she has to do is show up. Momma's are the ones who schedule all the who, what, when, where and whys. Not to mention the chauffeur and the person funding, haha!

Movies/TV:
I'm actually kind of surprised at the amount of TV I was able to watch considering this month was pretty crazy busy. I guess that just means that I probably lost sleep. Shocker. We weren't one of the people who went to the theaters to see IT or anything like that. I have never seen IT, but I kind of want to. I'm sure we'll rent it when it comes out on blue ray. So yeah, I basically Netflixed it up this month as well as three shows on normal cable that I'm continuing.

Call the Midwife 



I am such a mom. I love this show so much. It's definitely my top favorite this month. It's set in a time period that I love, about things that I love. I'm hooked. 
Fear the Walking Dead 



I'm on the bandwagon. I've been on the bandwagon for a while actually. I will admit it and actually I'm not ashamed. The Walking Dead is good, Fear the Walking Dead is also very good. It's not the same but similar enough and I love to think about how the timeline lines up with The Walking Dead.

American Horror Story- Cult



Yup. AHS is back and this season...It's interesting to say the least. It's all about the last election and how people are portrayed to have accepted it. We're still in the middle of the season but so far it's been different than the rest and it's....actually, the verdict is still out on this one. It's maybe slightly pathetic but there is so much content in this one that I literately can not look at the TV and shutter. The holes everywhere freak. me. out. I. can. not. handle. it.

Books:
The Goldfinch


This book is sooooo good! I actually didn't physically read it, I listened to it on audible (which I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend getting. I commute about an hour a day and during that time I listen to my audio book. Every month I try and read one book and listen to another). The story follows a boy whose mother dies in a tragic terrorist attack. It follows him to adult hood and how he's dealt with it. It's a long book which is why I'm glad I listened to it but also I figured it would take me a month to finish it listening to it an hour a day, but I finished it in two weeks.
 
This was the Paper & Glam Book Club read for the month of September. The beginning of the book was a little slow, but I ended up really appreciating the character development. I loved how Liane Moriarty let the build up get so intense that you just HAD to know what happened. I didn't absolutely LOVE this book but I liked it and was very entertained by it. I suggest it for a juicy read. 

Beauty
EradiKate -Acne Spot Treatment
You guys. This stuff is amazing. I struggle with adult acne/breakouts. It's normally hormonal/that time of the month. I have heard about this spot treatment for a long time and I finally decided to try it and I love it. Kate Sommerville has a lot of skin care products that I love and this is not on the top of that list. If you struggle with breakouts or even keeping it on hand for your random little one that happens. Great product to have on hand.

Home-


FALL DECORATIONS!!! I LOVE decorating for the seasons and holidays and Fall is no exception. September 1st the faux fall foliage goes up, the pumpkins are busted out and we soak it in. I love burning candles too especially in the colder months and this September I fell in love with "Fall in Love" from Kohl's the Sanoma brand. It smells so good. Not quite as fragrant as the tried and true Bath and Body works, but I had a decent discount with Kohl's so I went with it.


Family & Friends-
This month I was decently busy with social outings.
Emily & Matthews Wedding - My cousin married her long time boyfriend a few weekends ago in Madison and it was so wonderful that I was able to see so many family members I haven't gotten to see in a very very long time. 


Met little miss Lily - The following day since we were in the Madison area we figured we were able to finally meet Miss Lily who was born in June. She is such a cute little girl and I can not wait to see how to grows up. I wish I would have held her more and took some pictures! I was too busy catching up with her Momma!

Fall Fun Weekend - The last weekend of September we had a family fall activates day. Once I picked Alexa up at her dad's house on Saturday morning we stopped at our favorite Apple Orchard/Pumpkin patch/Fall bakery - Helene's Hilltop Orchard. We picked up out essentials - Apple Cider, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, Apples and Apple Cinnamon donuts. Fall. Heaven. 

We stopped a the farmers market to look around on our way home. After lunch the entire family went to Wilke's to do some more fall things with the kiddos. Our nephew, Zeke, had a blast with Alexa in the bounce house and the hay/tractor ride. We helped Luke's brother and his wife pick out pumpkins and continued to let Zeke and Alexa play.  
All in all it was a perfect Fall festivities day. I can't wait to continue the fall awesomeness the next two months. Sweaters, scarves and riding boots.








 Who's Taller?




Alexa and her little cousin Zeke

Food/Drink -
Food wasn't the main focus this last month. Getting used to our new schedules and being as busy as we were we really relied on Luke's dad to make some dinners, a lot of take out, actually (unfortunately) and Crock Pot Meals. Thank god for crock pot meals.
As far as drink goes we've really been enjoying Apple Cider. 'Tis the season! and I shamelessly love it. 

Love to all! I hope your fall is fantastic!
xoxo
Nikki

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika