2018 Resolutions

So, 2017 has come and gone and we're are the begining of a fresh brand spankin' new year! I absolutely LOVE that the first of this year was on a Monday. It's amazing to me that we have two "fresh starts", the first of the year as well as a Monday! It's even better because we didn't have work or school today so it was exceptionally nice to have a nice relaxing family day while getting ourselves ready for the week. Tomorrow when we all go back to normal life I think we will all feel refreshed and ready to take on our new endevors. This, this makes me so incredibly happy and excited.

Today, I wanted to write out my new years resolutions and share them with whomever reads this. I know that new year resolutions have a bad rep because often times we don't stick to them, but I think a large portion of that is because we don't have people to keep us accountable and to support us consistantly. I think that sharing your goals with others helps to keep you accountable. That being said, there are other reasons too. Sometimes life gets the best of you - kind of like my entire last year. Murphy was a big visitor in my home, but this year i'm setting big goals, but each month on the 1st i'm coming back and am revisiting, adjusting and making smaller monthly goals as well. So, let's get started.

I've divided my goal categorys dow to the following; Spiritual, Physical, Mental, Financial, Relational, Professional, Giving, and Creative. I will go in that order.

Spiritual

  • This year I'm focusing on my relationship with God by following along with the Paper & Glam Bible Study. I love that we are studying the bible in the letergical year. I'm excited to dive a little deeper into my faith and to do it with love and passion for helping others. 
  • I want to attend mass at least twice a month, more if I can. I also want to attend worship services of other denominations and possibly even other religions so that I can learn from them.
Physical
  • Let's put this simply. I'm getting rid of a good chunk of fat this year. Excess baggage for many different reasons. I have a number in mind, but I really can't hold on to that because as i've learned lord only knows what will pop up and prevent it from happening. 
  • Sweat (workout) 3 times a week Minimum. 
  • Eat veggies at EVERY meal. Always veggies first.  Be mindful. Eat Well.
Mental
  • Read at least 1 book a month.
  • Meditate 3 times a week.
Financial
  • Pay off all Credit debt. 
  • Budget and stick to it. 
  • Save as much as I can
  • Bathroom Renov.
Relational
  • Family Dates/Nights 2 times a month
  • Real date nights 2 times a month
  • Call/visit family more often
Giving
  • Tithe 
  • Donate items and money to very important causes
  • Volunteer more
Creative
  • Consume only good things. Be aware of consumption. This includes media, friendships, family, food, drink etc. 
  • Create best aesthetic at home. Find sense of style! 

The month of January i'll be focusing on work - I'm going to set systems in place and create a good schedule. I am also focusing on drinking 100 oz of water a day. 

I'm pretty confident in these and I can't wait to see what the new year brings for me and my family. What are your goals?

xoxo, 
Nikki

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika