Awesome Recipe I Tried This Week!

Alright guys, so in memory of what WAS fitness Friday. I've decided to turn this friday into FOOD Friday. Because...who DOESN'T love food?! I mean, Honestly... :-)

So, If you know me AT ALL you know that i'm a sugar addict! It's part of the reason that I gained 70 lbs! :-/ I love sweets and it can be a downfall. I've decided to explore some healthier sweets recipes because I just don't want to give up sweet stuff! So, this last Tuesday I had a little extra time since i'm child free this week ( Sad, I don't like it...such is life of a single parent who has to share her time. I don't like it one bit. whhhaaa I want my baby back) and Luke was out catching musky (or at least giving his best effort) I decided to give a recpie from the Tone It Up girls a go. You can find the recipe here. But I will also post it all below!

I had my own picture but I had to delete it so I could get video of Alexa's dances at dance camp. Priorities people! They were soooo cute! Wanna see them? Check them out here: Tap, Lyrical, Jazz.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

makes 12-15 cookies
  • 3/4 cup natural peanut butter*
  • 1/3 cup of honey or maple syrup
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
  • 1/4 tsp of baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp of almond extract
  • pinch of sea salt
*We used creamy peanut butter, but feel free to use crunchy! If you prefer to make this recipe peanut free, these cookies are just as delicious with almond butter!

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Add peanut butter to a large bowl and mix with a fork until soft. Add egg (already beaten), honey or maple syrup, baking powder, almond extract and sea salt and mix well. Continue to mix with a fork until all ingredients are well incorporated. Next, carefully fold in chocolate chunks. Use a teaspoon or mini ice cream scoop to measure out a small amount of dough to drop onto your pre-greased cookie sheet. Alternatively, line the cookie sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. They’ll still be soft when you take them out of the oven, but will harden as they cool.

TIP: Keep these cookies on the smaller side. They are soft and don’t hold up as well if they are larger.

I took these bad boys to work and we all LOVED them! Soooo good! Making more tonight! #thismightbeaproblem

If there is something I suggest its these two things: make the cookies small - like the size of a silver dollar maybe a little bigger. They'll be better this way. And when you're opening your almond extract and you have to take the paper off the top...BE CAREFUL!!! I got a good dose of almond extract in my mouth and it was DISGUSTING. But it's good in the cookies ;-)

Thanks guys for tuning in! Stay tuned for more good stuff coming your way!

xoxo
Nikki

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika