Creamy Avocado Pasta

Hello and Good Day!

Sooo It's Monday and a manic one at that. I went to sleep Sunday a tad bit too late because I was watching Food, Inc. If you ever get the chance you should watch it! Being informed and gaining an opinion of that information generates change! :-) I digress - That's for another day!

Anyway, when I plugged my phone in I must not have plugged it in correctly because 7:45 am rolled around - Luke shook me awake "NIKKI! It's 7:45 - Don't you have to be at work at 8?!" There I went sprang out of bed - possibly giving lots of expletives. Trying to get Alexa to wake up. Well, needless to say - I did not make it to work in time. I also did not get my workout in, did not pack of lunch.

Thankfully, Luke has Monday's off and he made me a wonderful lunch today! This was a recipe I made during my vegan experiment and I have been trying to incorporate that into my diet. So, I present you - Creamy Avocado Pasta!


So here you go - recipe for 3 servings. 5 minutes of prep. 10 minutes of cook time -
 
Ingredients:
9 ounces uncooked pasta - We used brown rice noodles
1 -2 cloves of garlic - we like garlic
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon Juice
1 tablespoon EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1 ripe avocado, pitted
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain Himalaya salt
Freshly Ground black pepepr

Directions:
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
2. While the pasta cooks, Make the sauce: In a food processor, combine the garlic and basil and pulse to mince.
3. Add the lemon juice oil, avocado flesh, and 1 tablespoon water and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed. If the sauce is too thick - add another 1 tablespoon water.  Season with salt and pepper to taste. - Here is when I discovered it was slightly bland for my liking. I added some more garlic salt and cayenne pepper.
4. Drain the pasta and place it back in the pot. Add the avocado sauce and stir until combined. You can gently rewarm the pasta if it has cooled slightly, or simply serve it at room temp. 

Tip: Avocados oxidize really fast (Means they turn brown even if they aren't bad) So you'll either want to share with a friend or store in an air tight container and eat it the next day for lunch. :-)


Give it a shot and tell me how it is! 


xoxo,
Nikki

P.S. Thank god for Luke being home otherwise I might have resorted to eating more than 3 girl scout cookies! ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika