Transitions to Natural Cleaning Products!

Hello and Good Day!

So if you haven't noticed - lately I'm really focusing on making my home a little more natural and a lot less chemical. I started by doing this by making my own laundry detergent. I wanted to test it out first before sharing and I'm happy to say that I've done that! And I'm happy to say that it's worked out SO well! The only thing I will change is add more essential oils to make it a little more fragrant! Check out the recipe that I used:

Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap
Ingredients:

4  Cups - hot tap water
1  Fels-Naptha soap bar*
1 Cup - Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda**
½ Cup Borax

Directions:

-Grate bar of soap and add to saucepan with water. Stir continually over medium-low heat until soap dissolves and is melted. (Be sure to keep your knuckles away from the grater - I shaved mine - Ouch!)
-Fill a 5 gallon bucket half full of hot tap water. Add melted soap, washing soda and Borax. Stir well until all powder is dissolved. Fill bucket to top with more hot water. Stir, cover and let sit overnight to thicken.
-Stir and fill a used, clean, laundry soap dispenser half full with soap and then fill rest of way with water. Shake before each use. (will gel)

-Optional: You can add 10-15 drops of essential oil per 2 gallons. Add once soap has cooled. Ideas: lavender, Purify, Wild Orange, Citrus Blend, tea tree oil. Or whatever scent you want - also I'm adding more next time.
-Yield: Liquid soap recipe makes 10 gallons.
-Top Load Machine- 5/8 Cup per load (Approx. 180 loads)
-Front Load Machines- ¼ Cup per load (Approx. 640 loads)

*Visit the Fels-Naptha website to find a store in your area that carries the product.
**Baking Soda will not work, nor will Arm & Hammer Detergent - It must be sodium carbonate!!
I hope you try and enjoy! It's so much more cost effective and less chemical exposure to your family! Give it a shot and let me know how it goes! 
xoxo, 
Nikki

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika