Feta Cheese, tomato and Cilantro Scramble!

Happy Spring! I think I can officially say that spring is here. From where i'm sitting on my front porch writing you this blog post I'm in total bliss. The sun is shining and I can hear birds and children playing in the background. It's music to this momma's ears! 
Anyway, I'm bringing you another recipe for this what i ate Wednesday! I haven't been tracking what I've been eating, because it's really been boring and probably will be really boring for this month at least. Next month i'll be expanding my horizons on trying new recipes! 
This week i'm bringing you one of my favorite breakfasts to make when I have some time in the morning. (Which honestly - isn't many days. I'm not really a morning person - Working on it though!) I'm not a huge fan of dairy but I would be lying if I said I didn't love some feta cheese everyone once in  while. 
Here we go - recipe for the Feta Cheese, tomato cilantro scramble!  
Total Time: 16 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 6 min.
Yield: 1 serving
Ingredients:
8 large egg whites (1 cup)
1 dash sea salt
1 dash ground black pepper
1 tsp. olive oil
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 Tbsp. finely chopped Cilantro
2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese (½ oz.)
Preparation:
1. Combine egg whites, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
3. Add egg mixture; cook slowly, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until eggs are almost set.
4. Add tomato and parsley. Sprinkle with cheese; cook for 1 minute or until eggs are fully cooked.

Sometimes (depending on what we have in our veggie drawer) we use chopped zucchini, asparagus, or broccoli instead of tomatoes.



Give it a shot and let me know what you think! :-)
xoxo,
Nikki

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika