Chicago! Weekend Recap

Well, my weekend recap is here. It's FINALLY here. I have had NOTHING but issues with retrieving the photos off of my phone - finally I figured out a way!  

If you remember in my last weekend recap I mentioned that I was headed to Chicago the following weekend and that's exactly what we did. My mom, step dad, my friend Natasha and I all headed down Friday night to my aunt and uncles house in Joliet. I honestly can't remember when we got there - I think around 10:30 and after working a full day and then driving down I was ready for bed by the time we got there. I'm starting to think I'm really an old lady! We stayed up a little while and hung out with my family and eventually I had to declare that I was much too old for this and had to go to bed. Embarrassing... haha

The next morning we woke up early, got out selves ready and headed into the City. Traffic, thankfully, was not as bad as we expected! Made it there in record time and didn't have a single issue! 

We parked our car as close to Michigan Ave (Magnificent Mile) as we could and proceeded to check out Water Tower Place. This place is always so beautifully decorated for the holiday season and packed with so many different kinds of people. It's a great place to people watch and to do a little shopping! Mom went to TEAVANA  and loaded up on some goodies. And Natasha and I did a bunch of taste testing...because, why not? We headed down to lush but it was a mad house in that section of Macy's so we promptly got out of there!  We people watched and did our best to figure out where to go next! 
Sampling at TEVANA and decoration in the shopping center. I LOVE shopping centers during the holidays! So beautiful!

We hopped a Lyft (this is awesome, by the way!) and headed to Macy's on State St. to see the Iconic Tree in the Walnut Room. It's beautiful. It's Huge. And pictures will never do it justice! I recommend going and I think next holiday season when I head there I will be eating in the Walnut Room as well. Although, the line was long - so keep that in mind if you want to do the same!
Macy's on State St. Is HUGE. Like, when I say huge - I mean HUGE! Check out the picture right above that was taken from levels up! It's old and amazing! They really go all out for the holidays when it comes to decorations and it's so heart warming. 

Also, Right outside of Macy's is the iconic Chicago Theater. I couldn't pass up the picture opportunity! I think next year I'm going to make it a goal that Alexa and I head there for a show!

We then headed over to the Christkindlmarket.  It's located right by the Picasso in downtown Chicago! If you don't know what the Picasso sculpture is here it is:

This was one of my favorite things about the city growing up! It's so iconic. 
Again, the market was PACKED. So many people, but it was a neat experience! We NEEDED the souvenir mug (duh). Once we figured out what to do we beelined it for the mug - filled with delicious hot apple cider. Perfect for the windy cold day it was!
I didn't get any other pictures from the market of the shops, but there was so many cool little places with unique and great items to purchase! Had the say been a little warmer and just slightly less packed I think we would have stayed to check out the shops just a little more! 


Natasha has never been to Navy Pier so we definitely had to make a stop before we left the city! It's much better in the summer when the whole place is stirring with people everywhere, but still beautiful none the less and amazing shot of part of the Chicago sky line! We also hit the Ferris Wheel for some cool photos and a break from the wind! 









You don't have to love Chicago. But I do. Finally we decided after eating that it was time to head back to the Magnificent Mile and watch what we came for the BMO holiday parade! That was an interesting trip. Took about an hour in our Lyft because the roads were blocked off for the parade (we obviously didn't time very well) and the drive got us about as close as he could. He had made it sound like we were so far away from our destination. Oddly enough, we weren't that far at all! And actually At this point my phone was on it's last leg, I was freezing and the storage reminder kept creeping up on my phone. Enjoy the few pictures I got and imagine what the video would have sounded like of "Hey Chicago, what do ya say? The Cubs are gonna win today!" THAT made my heart so full. 













Walking back to the car we discovered that Chicago/Basic white girls {I can admit it, I am one, but I didn't have any Starbucks this trip} has a Starbucks problem. At least they clean up after themselves! And yes, that woman is laughing at me because she said she though about doing it too! haha

 We accidentally caught this guy taking a selfie with Trump Tower. Then he caught us accidentally taking a picture of him taking a selfie with Trump Tower...I died of laughter a little bit!

We had so much fun in the Windy City and already planning out next trip back! haha I love adventuring in big cities, or anywhere really, but the one thing I do "suffer" from is the recovery. We got back so late Saturday night/Sunday morning. Then Sunday I spent the day knocking things of my to-do list and getting Alexa from her dad's house. 

Come Monday morning when I had to snap back to reality I felt a lot like this:


Thanks again for reading and enjoying my weekend recap! 

xoxo,
Nikki

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika