Weekend Recap - November 12th & 13th, 2016

Hello and welcome to a new series I'd like to call: Weekend Recap. I love the idea of documenting life since it flies by so quickly. I love Social Media for this reason because I can look back and see what I've done but sometimes that doesn't tell the whole story.

As a busy working mom, with a busy working family sometimes life gets pretty boring during the week. Actually, it's pretty much always boring and to a routine. I really thrive with routine and schedules so if I'm honest this works really well for me and my family. However, like I said - BORING. Nothing really different happens during the week. We wake up, we get ready for
work/school, we go to work/school, we go to after work/school activities, we come home, we eat and clean and go to bed. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. The weekends is where life gets a little exciting sometimes. Sometimes not at all, but those are the moments I really want to remember. So, here we go. Weekend Recap.

Friday:

For me weekends start on Friday at 4:30pm. I'm throwing up the duces to work responsibility and I have my eye on the prize - Sometimes that's bra off, sweats on, glass of wine & Netflix. Sometimes that's coming home, getting dressed, touching up my make up and meeting Luke for dinner and drinks. Probably at B&R, which is pretty much our favorite place to do for a casual Friday. This last Friday was a little of the first option and a lot of this:


This is my little buddy Zeke and every chance I get I take advantage of nephew snuggles because it literately warms my heart and makes my ovaries hurt. haha He's 15 months old so every time I watch him he's learned something new. Most of Friday evening was spent hiding the TV remotes in Alexa's bedroom, playing with big leggo blocks, and following Uncle Luke around with his mouth open like a little bird asking for "Apple." I think this is his way of asking for food in general because he was really asking for the pumpkin bar and pizza Uncle Luke was sneaking him. Once he was asleep and later picked up Luke and I started Black Mirror on Netflix. It's interesting...not sure what to think of it completely but it's entertaining. Friday was an early night since I had to get up early Saturday.

Saturday:

I was up at 7:30 and laid in bed for the next half hour wishing I could sleep till about noon. If only - that would make my exhaustion go away right? Wishful thinking, I don't think it really matters. Honestly though, I was so tired. I needed to get up and get ready to pick Alexa up from her dad's house. This usually takes about an hour to do. I got her, we stopped at Starbucks and got our first Red Cups of the season! Alexa got a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate & I got a Black Coffee.


We headed home took our showers, did some chores, got our selves ready and headed out to meet Mima, Papa, Auntie Anna, Uncle Cory, & Uncle Eric for Beauty and the Beast at the Grand Theater. It was a great show and I love that our community has theater to go to, I couldn't imagine this community with out forms of art. All of the actors did wonderful and Alexa was so over joyed with everything!



Some how my mom and stepdad missed any pictures? Typical...haha Just kidding guys, but really though - get in pictures! After the show we headed to our favorite local diner for dinner.


After dinner Luke packed up and headed out to Madison for a concert with friends and Alexa begged to tag along because she didn't want him to leave. Nothing has ever made me feel so happy and much like chopped liver at the same ever in my life! It's a wonderful think that Alexa misses Luke and doesn't want him to leave, but what about me?! Her response? "Momma, I spend time with you way more than I do Lukey. I just miss him more right now" BAHAHA Thanks, Child.

The rest of our night was spent with me TRYING to keep my eyes open and Alexa dancing all around the house. Bed time was early because I'm an old lady and couldn't handle it anymore. I set a sleep timer on the TV for Alexa for one more episode of Disney and this mom fell asleep.

Sunday:

We were supposed to go to church today. As you could read in my last post about goals I wanted to make sure I was attending mass more and with Alexa. My plans changed slightly when I couldn't lift my right arm to wash my hair or do much of anything if I tried. I forgot to mention that my arm was hurting me since Wednesday and Sunday morning it was excruciating. I needed a shower, I needed to be able to make myself look presentable for church and that just was not going to happen. I spent the morning figuring out what to do with this injury, and the rest of the day was spent slowly picking up the house with my left arm. Organizing for the upcoming week (if you're interested in a weekly prep post comment below) and watching one of the most pathetic Green Bay Packer games I've ever watched. Alexa and I caught up on Once Upon A Time ("our show") and then as per usual I watched The Walking Dead and had an internal battle with myself on loving Jeffery Dean Morgan and Hating Negan. One thing that made me excited is that I see Jesus comes back next episode! (If you're a Walking Dead fan you'll understand my thoughts!)

After all of that, lights out!

What did you do this weekend? Stay tuned for next weeks post - I'm headed to Chicago's Magnificent Mile this weekend!

xoxo
Nikki











Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika