December Favorites: End of 2016



It's been a full month since my last favorites. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was writing my November favorites. Honestly, I know this is always said especially by parents but the time has seriously flown. I honestly can't even remember this summer. I'm convinced it never happened! Anyway, I digress - it's been a month. Christmas is gone. It's now the new year. It's 2017! 

As per usual, I've got my categories so we'll just get started. 

Movies:
On Christmas day my sister in law and I pretty much lazied right up and watched ourselves some movies. Honestly, this is my favorite aspect of actual Christmas day. I literately do all the busy stuff before this so I can stay in my pajamas all day. Not put on a bra and just much on food. It's glorious! We watched two movies. 

One I've wanted to see for a long time because I loved the book in 7th grade when I read it. The Giver - It was great I think. It a simple book with a simple yet deep message and I was excited to see  Meryl Streep do her fantastic business and can't forget the dude Jeff Bridges. (Katie Holmes and Taylor Swift , seriously)  The casting in this movie was great and because I loved the book so much I loved the movie as well. 
Image result for the giver movie

The Next movie we watched (Actually, reverse that we watch this one first) was incredible and I LOVED it. Easily my favorite of the month. The Fundamentals of Caring. It's a Netflix original so go get you some Netflix if you haven't yet. This movie was such a feel good movie and I honestly love it. Everyone's story is so deep and touching. I highly suggest watching this one!

Image result for fundamentals of caring

Plus Does Paul Rudd even age? 
Image result for paul rudd never ages

Books:
On the trend of reading 1 book a month this month I decided to keep it seasonal and simple with the Miracle on 34th Street
This was one of my favorite Christmas movies growing up but I had never read the book so I figured I would dive in. It was a super simple and easy read. Exactly what I needed for the "busiest" time of the year! It was cute - as to be expected and a great Christmas time read for little readers. If Alexa hadn't been finishing up the Harry Potter Series she would have probably read it all in one day during school Breaks!

Listening:
Christmas Music. Duh. 
Also, Coffee House Covers on Pandora. Love it!

Foods:
Nothing Specific this month - I pretty much just ate what was made for any and all holiday parties/get togethers! 
 PS. - Still drinking Black Cab. I talk about that last month.

Beauty:
Still loving the ELF hydrating face mask! 
In other beauty news I've discovered Lipscense and at first I wasn't sure, but now I think I'm really loving it!
Image may contain: text
I started out with the starter kit, and it took a little bit to get the hang of it, but not I think I got it. Long lasting colors but it's important to gloss and re-gloss to keep the moisture! I have two colors now: Currant and Aussie Rose
Image may contain: one or more people and closeupImage may contain: one or more people and closeup

Both beautiful colors and I'm going to get the Matte gloss soon because I don't always want a shiny gloss look. It's funny that I keep playing with Lippie products because Luke HATES it, but I think it's fun. 

Family/Friends:
Well, friends have kind of fallen to the wayside due to it being Holiday season but that doesn't mean we haven't been thinking about them! Family on the other hand I spent a lot of time with those people! haha But in all honesty, whether we saw you or not this holiday season I think I've touched base with most everyone and 

Miscellaneous:


Candle – Mahogany Balsam
Mix of delicious man scent and Christmas trees. 
(if you haven't sniffed Mahogany Teakwood and love man scents get on it)

Image result for mahogany balsam

Planner– 
Got my new 2017 inserts for my Filofax. They're cute and colorful, but in hindsight I think it's too busy for me. I think next year I'll be going the Sessa Vee route. 
Planner #2 Me and My Big Ideas Happy Planner has been amazing for business and side hustle organization.


WHAT ARE YOUR December/Winter FAVORITES?

P.S. 9 Days and we're on our way to Disney! Watch out!

xoxo Nikki

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika