November Favorites

Good Morning you beautiful people! Can you believe that the month of November is OVER?! Guys, It's FREAKING DECEMBER! Christmas is in 20 days.... CHRISTMAS. I'm going to admit it - I'm FAR from ready. I'm kind of stressing, but I'm excited none the less. haha This time of year is my favorite, but it's easily the most stressful!

The fact that remains is that November is over! I'm starting my monthly favorites series where the beginning of the next month I'll be sharing the things I've been loving all month! I like to try new things relatively often so as I discover new and awesome products I will share with you! There are different categories I will focus on each month and those are; movies, books, listening, foods, beauty, family/friends, misc.

So, Let's begin!

Movies
We watched the Conjuring 2. All of the movies in this series are creepy AF. This one did not disappoint. If you don't like daemon nuns I don't suggest watching.


 I wasn't kidding. She's terrifying and my almost 30 year old self definitely had a nightmare where this crazy was trying to kill me. haha It was pretty good though, if you're a scary movie lover you'll enjoy it probably. If you're not a scary movie lover but your significant other is this is a great cuddle aka let me hide behind you film.  

BUT I do have to say my ABSOLUTE favorite movie this month was hands down "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". If you know me you know I love the wizarding world. It was great to see this world in America in a different time. I cannot wait to see how it all ties together in the next 4 movies. Also, I do love me some Eddie Redmayne.



Books
Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins was the only book I read this month so by default it was my favorite, but it was a very good and entertaining book. If you enjoyed Gone Girl and books that mess with your head a bit I suggest you read this one. I read it because I wanted to watch the movie and I try my hardest to read books first.


I also attempted to read Go Set a Watchman and I was just way too busy and had to return it before I could really get started. It's currently in my audible waiting to be listened to.

Listening
I normally indulge in some pod casts but this month I didn't really do much of that this month. I like to listen to the Dave Ramsey Show/Highlights on YouTube as well as Rachel Cruze and I did listen to quite a bit of those this month. As far as music I was all into the Rent Soundtrack and Lana Del Rey. Both of which had me singing at the top of my lungs to and from work.

Foods
It was thanksgiving month. We ate a lot of thanksgiving foods. It was delicious, but I'm over it. I want Sushi. Sushi is always my favorite.

Did you say wine? Yup, you can see me enjoying a nice glass of Black Cab by Three Lakes Winery. My boss introduced me at a ladies night event we had at the clinic, I've been obsessed with it ever since. You can find it at Trigs - Cellar 70. It's delicious. Go get you some.


Beauty
I recently received the e.l.f. Hydrating bubble mask in a Vox Box. I did a whole unboxing with it. If you haven't' seen that you can check it out here. This mask is the weirdest thing and I kinda love it. It tingles, It grows haha AND the best part is that it's actually hydrating! In the winter that's something that is super important because my skin can get SOOOO dry. I will be doing a review on this soon!



Another beauty favorite is the lip exfoliate also from e.l.f. I love using a lip exfoliate in the winter time when you lips get chapped and start to crack and peel. Of course I use this before I get to that point but it helps to keep your lips soft and smooth. If you're a user of Matte Lip colors or lipsticks this is a great product to have in your arsenal. Plus, It tastes good if you get any in your mouth haha Totally recommend.



Family/Friends
The Holiday Season officially begun in November so I've done a lot of really heart warming things i with family and friends. I don't get to do much with either groups because I'm really busy between work and Alexa. But this month we celebrated Thanksgiving and while I spent a good majority of the day dealing with some anxiety and stress I ultimately had a really good time. I ate some delicious food, I laughed and cried with my family, I hugged Alexa probably so much that she was really annoyed with me and we played Wits and Wagers. If you haven't played this game you should. It's a really fun family friendly team game. We play it every holiday/celebration.

We also went to the Grand Theater for production of Beauty and the Beast, headed to Chicago for the holiday parade and got our  decorated for Christmas, went to the lights in Marshfield and got our Christmas tree. I'd say November flew by but was honestly so much fun and full of love.

Thank you so much for swinging by and checking out what I've been loving this month! I think December is going to be a great month and I can't wait!

xoxo
Nikki

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika