National Nutrition Month. Whoo!!!!

Hey guys! 

I'm super excited about March for a few different reasons. 

1. It's the "Lent" Season as church which is kind of exciting because I really do like to go to stations of the cross and easter is so fun. Yes, i'm not the best christian. Heck, most times I'm probably not even a good one, but the one thing that I know can ground me and bring me back and humble me is a trip to church or finding a quiet place to just pray.  I give myself to Him and ask for forgiveness and guidance and that tames me. :-) 

2. Do you know what Lent means? Yes, just the word "Lent". It means spring time. March is the best turn of the corner especially for us here in Wisconsin (Or any midwest state) after the long 6 months of winter!! Sure, It doesn't really LOOK like spring outside yet... BUT with a winter of more negative degrees than positive today with a high of 34 I'm SOOOO thankful that maybe by the end of March I'll be seeing the grass (even if it's dead) agian. Bring on the warm weather, baby!

3. IT'S NATIONAL NUTRITION MONTH!!! I'm sooo excited about this becacuse nutrition is something that as an American I can really struggle with. There is so much tasty food out there that is absolute CRAP that we've become accustom to eating and it's really starting to show in our lives. We're FAT and we're SICK all because of the food we decide to fuel our bodies with. Now, I'm all for enjoying life's pleasures such as a decadent oreo cheesecake. The key is MODERATION. Something a lot of us have issues with. Beyond that we should be educating ourselves on what we're eating. What is good for us? What is bad for us? In the age of internet being uneducated is a choice. That's called ignorance. At least be open to things people have to say when it comes to nutrition. 

Through out the month I'll be posting recipes that are healthy and I'll be filling your minds with nutrition facts and links to those who really know their stuff. 

Soooo... Today for lunch I had Flourless Pizza!

Here is the recipe!

Flourless Pizza:
Recipe for 1 medium pizza (8 slices):

Crust:
- 1 cup if shredded cauliflower or 1/3 of a head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic

Toppings: (this is up to you but I did a veggie Medley):
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (Healthiest, least amount of preservatives as you can - homemade is best)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (whatever color you want)
- 1/2 red onion
-1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1. Shred cauliflower in a food processor
2. Microwave in a bowl for 8 minutes
3. Mix in about 1/2 cup cheese
4. Crack the egg, oregano and garlic and mix all ingredients together
5. Spray pan with PAM and make a nice pase of cauli-cheese crust
6. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes at 350F
7. Take out crust and take a pancake flipper to make the crust lose from the pan (this way it's easier to get off later) Top with sauce and toppings.
8. Place back in oven for another 10-15 minutes

Take out and enjoy!

Nutritonal Facts:
Calories: 442
Carbs: 36
Fat: 17.9
Protien 39.1

Here is what it looks like:

Give it a try and let us know how you like it!!! 

Till next time!!

xoxo
Nikki

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika