Staying Motivated & Reaching Goals

              Recently in my 10 week challenge for T25 we’re on week 8 I believe and I feel like everyone is losing momentum. I also feel like they are all making sooooo many excuses. I hate feeling angry, but I want us all to accomplish our goals. I totally understand the feelings some of them are having, but others I don’t. I’ve been there. I’ve been the excuse maker, and it just can’t be the way I live my life because I’m sick of being fat and unhealthy. I want all the people on my team to be as passionate as I am now. Key word: Now. I wasn’t always as passionate about this as I am now. I’m not really sure what switched in me that made me realize that something had to give. I want that mysterious something to happen to all the members on my team.  I’m struggling with how to get them all to realize that their health should be priority and that there should be NO excuses, while still being a friend and supportive not over bearing. How do I do that? I thought having a sweet grand prize would be the key, but I don’t think that’s the whole picture. I would text everyday with motivational tips and advice. If they haven’t checked in I want to text and say “hey get your but moving so you can reach your goals”. I want to fight obesity! I want everyone to be healthy and exercise and eat healthy.  
                I also see so much potential for future coaches and motivational people to be on my team. I can think of a couple people on my team that would be rocking coaches and could be such inspiration. I want to build this business (my beachbody business) for so many reasons. Here are my whys:
  1. 1.       If you couldn’t tell I’m so passionate about helping people be healthy. The last few years of my life I’ve been learning so much at my full time job at the chiropractic office that I’ve just been flooded with so much awesome information when it comes to living healthy and to focus on preventative care rather than reactive care. I want to spread my knowledge about nutrition to help people live long fulfilling lives and be disease free. I want those people to hold each other accountable and hold myself accountable as well. I want to share what I know about positive attitudes and living with a purpose.
  2. 2.  I want to LEARN more. Yes, I want to keep learning the best ways to work out your body and different ways to work out your body so that I can always have an answer for someone looking to start their fitness journey. I want to continue to improve on my body and lose more weight and eventually be at my goal weight and look the best I’ve ever looked.
  3. 3.       I would like to use my passions to make some extra cash (at least for right now) and eventually I want to possibly make this my career. I’ve been spending a lot of time listening to coaches who   have reached financial freedom. Yes, it’s possible. I want to be completely debt free and I would LOVE to do that in the next 10-15 years, earlier if possible. I want to live Dave Ramsey’s way. I want that sooo bad. And I want to reach the sweet spot of debt free and then teach my loved ones and others how to do the same thing!!
  4. 4.       I want my family to change their lives. I want everyone to be so proud of them that they too can use Beachbody to change other people’s lives. I want to teach my daughter to always be healthy so she never has to feel this way. I want to ignite a passion in her that she can teach to her children one day.

                 I have to make this all work. I need to find a purpose and live a purposeful life and I believe this is my calling. I have always known that I want help others improve their lives and I even went to school for social work. Since graduation I’ve severely struggled with what to do with my life that would mean I’m living with real purpose. I could really be helping people and on so many different levels.
                 There are a few obstacles I have identified and I’m not really sure how to get around them. Here are a few:
  1. 1.       Fear. I’ve always had a confidence issue and I’m beyond scared of rejection. I’m scared to give this all I have for chance of failure and I’ll look and feel so defeated. I hate that feeling and I seem to feel it a lot. However, this could be self fulfilling prophesy because I’m not giving it my all? I suppose that’s possible. I am also afraid people will not be supportive, because I don’t think people really are that supportive. And when they say they are it’s only verbally and sometimes that’s okay…but in all honesty if you’re a loved one of mine I want you to be supportive in the way that you invest in me. Join one of my challenges and make your health a priority. OR become a coach as well, since I’d be helping you succeed you could be making money as well!
  2. 2.       I’m selling a product. Yes, I am, but in all honesty I’m selling a lifestyle and an opportunity. I feel like a lot of people in my life and in my geographic area have a hard time with prioritizing their health. They don’t see how investing in their health with a proven to work exercise program and extremely nutritious shakeology or eating plan and a dedicated coach, like myself, could change their lives. It’s hard not to be frustrated when I hear “I don’t have the money” for a couple reasons. One of the exercise programs average out to be $12 a week…if and ONLY if you use it once through. If you use it more than it gets less and less. T25 is now costing me $6 a week and the next round it will cost me less and less. Not only that but this program has caused me to lose 25 lbs (would have been more if I was more consistent with my nutrition.) I want to scream it to the world I LOVE BEACHBODY because it’s helping me get healthy again!  IT’S WORTH THE MONEY!!! Most people don’t know how to work out efficiently or how to eat well because of so many conflicting ideas.  Beachbody is here for you!!! You have to be here for you as well and take the plunge because it is worth it. If it really means something to you – you will find a way, otherwise you will find an excuse. This is most people and I have to admit this was me too at one point. There are no excuses when it comes to taking care of you. NONE. If you don’t make time for wellness now, you will be forced to take time for your illness later and your loved ones will suffer because of it. You make sure you budget in shakeology every month – yeah, you CAN afford it if you’re not longer eating the crap at fast food restaurants or vending machines. You CAN afford a kick ass workout program.

                  So many people are so focused on health care reform. Here’s the thing, it wouldn't be such a big deal if we focused on PREVENTATIVE care rather than sick care. The United States is the worst when it comes to being healthy and taking care of ourselves. If we went to continue to be one of the world’s BEST nations something HAS to change. I want to be part of that movement; I want to make that happen. If we take care of ourselves from day one and teach our children to take care of themselves from day one then for the most part (there are some exceptions, I realize) we won’t have to worry about all the sickness that ails us now.
               I wish I was better at this kind of stuff because I really want to figure out how to change lives. Honestly I’m in the last couple weeks of my latest challenge group and I LOVED doing it. And if I could really afford it I would do it for free because I do care that much, but the reality is that I’m broke and have a child to provide for so the fact that I can earn money doing this is something that I love. And I refuse to feel guilty about making money because I’m providing a service that is worth so much more than money. Sooo much more. I see the value and I need others to see the value as well. If you can’t afford it at regular cost, lets sign you up as a coach to get the 25% discount! (which is cheaper than finding it illegally on ebay or amazon) Then if you feel like you want to make some extra money as well we can get some coaches under you. Will you help me make a difference? Please?
                 Thanks for listening guys. Sorry if it was a rant or if I offended you in anyway, but I needed to express myself. More updates later and now that I’ve figured out a schedule of sorts I will be more consistent with my blogging. Maybe one day I’ll have an audience!

Xoxo


Nikki

P.S. Starting the 21 day fix next month and i'm BEYOND excited! 

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika