I Am Not Guilty

Hello and good afternoon everyone!

I hope that we're all having a fantastic Thursday and we're all very excited for what I hope is a very relaxing weekend for us all! I don't want you to think that because I mentioned a relaxing weekend that I would forget about taking care of yourself. Relaxing DO NOT equal LAZY!!

So a lot of us will have been working out all week and might even be a little (or a lot) sore and are really tempted to take the weekend completely off. Don't do it! I know for me weekends are by far the HARDEST time of the week. I'm typically less busy, my schedule isn't as solid and there are a lot of family/friend gatherings where I am ALWAYS tempted to indulge a little too much.

Sometimes - I give in. Other times - I don't. But lets be real - more often than not I will break down and give in. In the past I would be so disappointed in myself and I would let it eat at me for ever. I would swear off food or at least junk food and then I found my self thinking only about the food I was telling myself I couldn't have. Well, while I am in no way perfect - I think I found a decent "in progress solution" I have decided to incorporate two things.

1. I eat the frog. If you don't know what that means I HIGHLY suggest you read the book Eat That Frog: by Brian Tracy. But basically this means I do the things I'm LEAST looking forward to first thing. On the weekends the last thing I want to do in the morning is workout, but I know that if I don't my day can easily catch up with me. So... what do I do? I EAT THAT FROG!!! I work out right away and it's out of the way and I no longer have to dwell on it and I've started my day off healthy and will be less likely to make unhealthy choices the rest of the day. Also - fasted cardio is EXCELLENT for fat burn ALLLLLL DAYYYY. ;-)

2. I indulge. And then I got ONE step further - I DON'T regret it! I figure that life is worth enjoying. If you take care of yourself 80% of the time the other 20% you want to indulge a little it will be okay. and do you know what?! IT IS!!! You will NOT gain weight from one chocolate bar or a cocktail at dinner. What I do is make sure that if I know we're going out to eat, or going out in general, or that Alexa might want to take a bike ride to Dairy Queen that I start my day with (exercise) a HEALTHY breakfast - Because that is the MOST important meal of the day. Then I make sure I don't snack too much and have a healthy lunch. Dinner I'll indulge a little and guess what - the whole day didn't got to crap and I DONT FEEL GUILTY!!

Also another tip I find really helpful is instead of focusing on what you're taking away try and add new things. So instead of saying "I'm never eating junk food again" say "I'm going to get a side salad or veggies as a side instead of French Fries."

I hope this helps and if you have any more ideas, tips and tricks please share below in the comments. Also, make sure your follow and share your favorite posts!

In health,
Nikki

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika