Trying NEW Things This Week

Hello!!

This last Sunday I was a tad ambitious and it really worked out for me! As I believe I've mentioned before - Luke bought me a juicer for my birthday. I know, I know - SUPER romantic. I'm not going to lie at first I was like ...ugh really Luke?! And then I thought on it...and got SUPER excited! And actually it's really thoughtful of him. He's been one of my biggest supporters and helpers through this quest to lose my weight and get healthy again. Without him I wouldn't be eating healthy because I don't think I would have the time, talent or energy to make all the healthy food ahead of time. I am so happy he's been here with me and helping me. He knew I'd mentioned wanting to try a bunch of juice recipes. What a good man, in disguise sometimes! ;-)

So Sunday I made some more juice. And guess what - IT WAS A HIT! Alexa, my 7 year old, has been an extremely picky eater in the last few months. It was starting to really drive me and Luke nuts. Last week we made a batch of green juice and we were pleasantly surprised with how good it was! We decided to make Popsicle with it. We decided to give Alexa one of those Popsicle Sunday and she LOVED it. We then showed her what was all in it and she was SHOCKED! And even better- she wasn't deterred! She was totally okay with trying it as juice and right when Luke and I thought she was going to say she didn't like it (now that she saw the ingredients) BUT she tasted a bit looked unsure and then CHUGGED the rest! And then ASKED for MORE! WINNING!!!

SO here is that recipe:
5-6 apples (green are the best - you want crisp apples - I like tart ones)
1/2 lemon
2-3 Celery Stalks
1/2 read romaine lettuce
1 cup (a few leaves) of Kale/Spinach/Collard Greens (we used Collard Greens this time)

This will make about 3 6-8 oz glasses. I have my mason jars all ready to go in the morning (and for little miss as well)

I will have plenty more recipes coming your way with the juicer. I can tell it's going to be a favorite toy for a while!




Try this recipe and let me know what you think!!

xoxo
Nikki

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika