What I ate Wednesday - 21 Day Fix Style


Today is a special What I ate because ... It's also Day 3 of my 21 day fix!!! Stay tuned for Friday's Fitness Friday for my 21 day fix unboxing post!

Anyway, with that being said. I have a pretty specific meal plan this week. Very little variation because I'm still trying to figure out the container system and such. So far so good though. Good, healthy, tasty, nutritious food! Can't really go wrong. This will probably be short and sweet and right to the point! Here is my over view: I'm in the 1500-1799 calorie range. This range has you eat 4 green containers (veggies), 3 purple containers(fruit), 4 red containers (lean protein), 3 yellow containers (starch/grain) 1 blue container (healthy fats), 1 orange container (seeds/approved dressings) and 4 teaspoons (Nut butters and oil).

Woke up this morning around 6am and had my breakfast at 7:15am For breakfast I had a whole wheat waffle with a teaspoon of peanut butter, a banana and 2 hard boiled eggs. I also had a cup of black tea. Pretty simple breakfast but it filled me up and I'm loving the waffle with peanut butter. I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER! Wish I could have more of it on the fix!! This meal is one of my reds, two purples, one yellow, and a teaspoon.

Around 10 am I was feeling pretty hungry and decided to break out meal 2: morning snack. This is pretty typical snack for me. Vegan Shakeology Tropical Strawberry. I like the taste very much so I usually just mix it with water, but sometimes I make a smoothie or shake ;-) I also had 2 Clementines. This snack was one red and one purple.

Around noon I dug in for lunch. I wasn't that hungry so I kind of wished I would have waited till a bit later to eat but hind sight is 20/20. I had a grilled tilapia fillet, green beans, quinoa, and a sweet potato. This meal was one red, one green, two yellows. 

Around 2 I decided to eat my afternoon snack so that it wasn't sitting in my stomach terribly by 3 when I get my work out in. I had baby carrots, hummus and sunflower seeds. This is one green container, one blue container and one orange container. So at this point all of my fruit as been used up as well as my blue, orange and yellow.

For dinner I had another tilapia fillet (What can I say it was easy and I really do enjoy tilapia), spaghetti squash, and Brussels sprouts. Pretty good dinner, I'd say. It used the rest of my containers last red and the last 2 green containers. 

Now it's 9pm and I'm pretty satisfied with my meals today. I am feeling a tiny bit hungry, but I'm also really tired and can understand that I tend to eat when I'm tired and that I crave sweets. Which I am right now. I would LOVE some chocolate or cookies right now! 

Thanks for reading again guys! Any questions about the 21 day fix or nutrition or fitness related? Ask away in the comments or contact me! 

xoxo
Nikki








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Chitika