Fruit Roll Ups

Hello!

I know this is a post has been coming for a while. However, I've had quite the adventure in doing this! The picture of the mixture below is from the first batch. Which is the same recipe I used the second time so I didn't take more pictures. So I have going on here is 5 cups of strawberries (I got frozen ones and thawed them out) and then 1/2 cup honey. I put that in the food processor and pureed it!


So far so good. Then I put Luke to work because the recipe I was working off of said the spread a thin layer... I didn't know what that meant and I couldn't use this spatula worth the life of me!! It had NO give!!


So he thinned it out and I baked it in the oven on 220 for 3 hours per the directions... They did not turn out. AT ALL. I guess I can't really say AT ALL. BUT I can tell you they would not have bent because they were like fruit chips instead. I wasn't sure what went wrong, but my assumption was that it was too thin, too high temp. 


We attempted again the other night. Every thing the same until the final steps in cooking. We decided to make our fruit leather with the dehydrator! 135 degrees for about 8 hours. They turned out FANTASTIC and Alexa LOVES them. Check them out below!!

I know the picture isn't the greatest because my work lighting sucks, but trust me they're pretty good. Keep in mind they aren't going to look like store bought because I didn't add any artificial flavors or anything. This is real fruit leather! Good snack for the kiddos! 

What other recipes are you looking to see? Sound off below and let me know!

xoxo,
Nikki

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika