Pumpkin Patch Saturday

Hello My sweet friends!

I'm currently writing this in my bed, enjoying a hot cup of tea, watching some Jane the Virgin (Just discovered this show on Netflix the other day and kind of want to watch all the time now) and reflecting on my weekend. I have to say that even though I'm not quite as accomplished as I wanted to be (isn't that the story of my life?! Contentment....contentment...) I have to say that this has been one of the best weekends I've had in a while. Not that the weekends prior to this were bad, but this one just included family and love and being busy but at the same time could breathe easy. I do have to say... I am so ready for bed!

This was my weekend to have Alexa but she stays Friday nights at her dad's house. She had solo lesson for dance at 8 am so I was up really early (if I'm honest - way earlier than any person should be up on a Saturday. Yes, I'm a sleeper. I like my rest.). I got her to dance and while she was there I relaxed and did a slow walk for about 30 minutes. I also had a Biolife appointment and a few errands to run. That alone made me feel accomplished once I picked Alexa up from dance at 11:30.

We went home, ate some lunch and got ready for the school fall fest! This was the first year they did it and I think it ended up really nice! I know Alexa was excited to see her friends and look at the different vendors. I didn't get pictures of what I purchased but I definitely got some awesome finds (A lavender flaxseed eye mask, a reusable coffee glove AND found someone who is going to make us some wall art for the living room - more on that later!)
Mrs. Huxtable (the school secretary) took a picture of Alexa and I at their picture op :-) It's a pretty cute picture if I do say so myself.

We headed over to the face painting area and Alexa's friend Nora painted some Orange hearts. She was pretty happy with it.


& here she is posing with the scarecrow her class made!

Later in the afternoon we headed up to my parents town and met with my sister. Waiting for my step-dad and brother to head to the Apple Orchard/ Pumpkin Patch we chilled in my sisters room and took some silly pictures. I do have to say that I love these girls!

Check out the fun we had!






Needless to say, we came home - ate some dinner - passed out. On the couch. We're sad people, haha

Sunday is game day in our house. We cheer for the pack and we also had a craw fish boil. (If you've never had this, you need to). We got the privilege to spend the day with little Zeke. (That's our nephew/Alexa's cousin) Check out the hilarious pictures I got of little man...Such a mean Auntie I am. Haha




Cray fish boil was awesome. Friends were awesome. Family was awesome. Plus, the Packers won - Always makes a Wisconsinite proud!

Also, our living room is making great progress! Thank you to Luke's friend Ryan and all of his hard work to help us with this big project! I can't wait to do all the finishing touches and decorate and make the living room our own. 



I know this isn't exactly a Manic Monday post, but it is a Mommy Monday post. I love to share the things that warms my heart with others.

Thanks for turning in!
xoxo
Nikki

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika