What is Whole30?

Hello my sweet friends!

Today on Fitness/Food Friday I'm going to share with you a little bit about the food adventure I've been partaking in and plan on repeating immediately after this round is done! I have been partaking in Whole30. If you don't know what Whole30 is you can check out their website here.



Basically Whole30 is a way of eating (Notice I did not say diet.) that basically eliminates all the foods that fuel our body with crap. For 30 days you eat only Nuts, Fruits, Vegetables, and Meat (There are some vegetarian/vegan options but it's significantly harder to do on that type of restriction). You're basically eliminating the following; alcohol, sugar (added sugar), dairy, legumes and grains. If you've heard of the Paleo Diet it's basically that only - not as strict with a few things. The theory is that you get rid of things that are known to cause issues with people. For 30 days you eliminate those things and after the first little slump you start to notice how much better you feel. At the end of the 30 days you have a 10 day reintroduction period. You'll slowly reintroduce things into your diet one thing at at time. For example day 31 you would re introduce Grains. The next two days (32 and 33) you would go back to elimination and note how your body feels. You do this until everything has been reintroduced and you're able to find out what causes you to feel not so great.

My friend Jackie gave me the book It Starts With Food. This book really explained why and how this works. She has done this off and on as well as her mom and both of them really have wonderful things to say. I was so excited to get started and feel better! I've heard of so many ailments being fixed and "healed" that I wanted to see if it would help fix me too!

Now, I should have truly been documenting this whole time, so I'm going to be starting over when this first 30 days is done. I will tell you each week how I feel and give you my results at the end.

Are you interested in Joining me? My official start date is Thursday October 29th! Let me know!

xoxo,
Nikki

Comments

Popular Posts

Chitika